|Completed at||Pro Referral (The Home Depot)|
|Final deliverable||Revamped desktop and mobile “Request a Service” flow on Pro Referral website|
At Pro Referral, “Request a Service”(RSF) is the main entry point for consumers to get in touch with home service professionals. Post MVP launch in March 2016, user testing was conducted to evaluate this experience.
Results were incorporated into future design iterations, along with new features.
- Tackle pain points discovered through user testing
- Support new features introduced by new business requirements, such as account management
- Work with remote visual designer to incorporate visual explorations, as this project was the basis of a new design style guide
- Address user testing results by changing layouts and UI elements, instead of relying on new visual style changes
Step 1 – Add project details
Step 2 – Find my pros
- Confusion on font colors of “licensed / bonded / insured”
- “Show more” option not visible
- Users attempted to select pros
- Added icons, tooltip and a legend to explain pro credentials
- Added labels and made copy changes to make pro selection process more obvious (addresses pain point in next step)
Step 3 – Submit my request
- Users didn’t understand how pros were selected.
- Made previous step more obvious before reaching this page
- Hid job request summary to emphasize main action on this step